Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tuesday, August 19, 2003 ~ Pohnpei


Beginning with my June 2008 post "It's Been Five Years," the following is the continuing story of my travels from the United States into Micronesia ~ Pohnpei, Guam and Saipan ~ and my life since June 2003.



Tuesday, August 19, 2003 ~ Pohnpei

Well, the "permission" event blew up in Lynn's face the next day, or the day after, and we're regretting it. Everyone think's she's crazy and being disrespectful to her mom, that she's throwing away her future with the father of the children, who's on Guam. They want to know why she's not moving in with me. Monday was a very hard day for her, and we wound up talking late into the night, trying to figure out whether to split up, or what because the family pressure is overwhelming. No answers. They thought they were gathering to hear me propose. Lynn said, so I thought, we were going to just talk to her mom and ask permission to see each other. She didn't think it through and it became some public event that shouldn't have been. I didn't know this at the time, or until Monday night. Lynn's mom told her not to worry about what other people think, which should be all that matters, but I have no idea where it stands now. We're just trying to slow it down and take things day by day.

I can't find my machete'.


No comments: