Friday, September 26, 2008

Sunday, December 07, 2003 ~ Pohnpei


Beginning with my June 2008 post "It's Been Five Years," the following is the continuing story of my travels from the United States into Micronesia ~ Pohnpei, Guam and Saipan ~ and my life since June 2003.



Sunday, December 07, 2003 ~ Pohnpei

Ridiculous experience the other night: Some teen-ager was calling down from the street, "Fucking White Boy," and saying stuff about me being a black belt. Concerned for Lynn's safety, I went outside with my boken (wooden sword). He wanted to fight. I was feeling game. He left and showed back up with a machete'. Lynn pulled me inside and we called the cops. They showed up fast and asked if I wanted to file a complaint, but I said "no" because he was the nephew of a neighbor we'd already offended with loud noise late at night (I was asleep at that time). Turns out he was jealous that he wasn't invited to these "parties" Lynn was having while I slept; and was also concerned that I was hurting a relative of his while showing him some Kuk Sool. (Hey, Kuk Sool hurts, and when it comes to fighting, unless they've had training, they're whimps, and cry out at the slightest pain. They want to learn, but maybe I'm not the best teacher of this here.) He was drunk. I'm told it won't happen again and that he's sorry, although he'll never show up to apologize. I'm in the Pacific, which translates to "peaceful." Hmmmmm..... Not always so peaceful.

Strange dreams.


No comments: